This page contains my level of education and my professional experiences including the different institutions I''ve been given the opportunity to
join at some crucial points of my career.
UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL (Liverpool , U.K.)
Sept. 2004-Sept. 2007
Ph.D., Computational Physics / Nanotechnology
ECOLE NATIONALE SUPERIEURE DE CHIMIE (Clermont-Ferrand, FRANCE)
Sept. 2000-Sept 2003
Master of Science, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
UNIVERSITE CLAUDE BERNARD (Lyon, FRANCE)
Sept 1998-Sept 2000
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry
LYCEE MARTINIERE DES TERREAUX (Lyon, FRANCE)
Sept 1993-July 1997
High School Diploma, optical and physical chemistry
COLLEGES DES CHARPENNES (Villeurbanne, FRANCE)
Sept 1990-June 1993
School Certificate, (Brevet des collèges)
Highlights of qualification
- C++ programming on Visual C++
Fortran90 programming on Linux by Unix and on Windows by SSH
Monte-Carlo Simulations by developing of fMCm (Fortran90) and cMCm(C++)
- STM Simulations using Bskan36
- Very good knowledge on PHP and MySQL/SQL
- HTML and CSS programming on Dreamweaver (8 and MX 2004)
- Operating systems: DOS , Linux , Windows , MacOS X
- Good experimental scientific knowledge in Quantum mechanics , in structure materials for aerospace , in sol-gel science , in analytical chemistry , in silicones fabrication, in semi-conductors, and in optical for lenses and glasses.
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO (London,CANADA)
Department of Chemistry
Oct. 2009- Now
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Project: Study proton transfer on basic aminoacids dissolved into water. Writing of Molecular Dynamics (MD) code, and using CPMD and DL-POLY
FRITZ-HABER INSTITUT der MAX-PLANCK Gesellshaft (Berlin,GERMANY)
Sept 2004- Sept 2007
Scientific Software Developer
Project: development of a code to make MonteCarlo simulations by modeling large molecules and the metallic surface, and simulate the behavior of such systems at different temperatures.
- Developed fMCm for Fortran 90 and self adapted it to C++ with cMCm version. Carried out successful Monte Carlo simulation for tartaric acid molecules on copper 110 with fMCm.
ATOMIC ENERGY RESEARCH CENTRE - Sol-gel laboratory (Tours, FRANCE)
Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique (CEA, Le Ripault) - Laboratoire Sol-gel
Mar 2003-Sept 2003
Graduate Research assistant
Project: Elaboration of NiO (P semi-conductor) nanoparticles syntheses and NiO films depositions on silicon wafers using the sol-gel route for photovoltaic and electrochromic applications
- Synthesize NiO nanoparticles by the sol-gel route
National Aerospace Research and Development Organism ONERA (Clermont-Ferrand, FRANCE)
Sept 2002- Mar 2003
Project: Study of the mechanic properties of nickel spheres which can be used in civilian aviation and in the air force to have a 6 dB reduced noise of the planes.
- Development of computer programs to make compression tests on the nickel spheres and on the different geometry samples nickel-based.
ORGANON – AKZO NOBEL - Drugs R. & D. complex (Riom, FRANCE)
June 2002-Aug 2002
Project: Study the solid form organic compounds (drugs) polymorphism by X-Ray powder diffraction with the temperature and the relative humidity influence.
- Elaborated computer programs to be able to edit diffractograms for making measurements and comparisons.
French (Mother tongue), English (Fluent), German (basic level)